Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is as gorgeous as it is delicious! Nobody will believe how easy this recipe is either.
Preheat the oven to 400 F
Trim any fats off the chicken breasts. Cut chicken breasts length wise to create pockets without cutting all the way through.
Mix all the spices in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts on the inside and the outside.
Spread 2 tablespoons of sundried tomato pesto on the inside of each chicken breast. Then place 3 pieces of cheese (or 2 if you want) and top with the asparagus spears.
Close up the chicken breasts and secure the sides with toothpicks.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat and pan sear the chicken breasts on each side for about 4-5 minutes to get a nice golden brown color.
Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degree F.
Remove from the oven and cover with foil wrap to rest for 5 minutes.
Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- Use a preheated oven.
- When cutting a pocket into the chicken breast, be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Be sure to season your chicken inside and out.
- To secure the stuffed chicken you can use tooth picks.
- To check the doneness of the chicken breast, ideally use a meat thermometer. Place it in the thickest part of the chicken breast, if it reads 160F it's done.
- If you have an oven safe skillet, I recommend using it for this recipe.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1163mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3288IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 570mg | Iron: 4mg