Soy Marinated Flank Steak Stir-Fry
This flavorful Soy Marinated Flank Steak Stir-Fry is a quick weeknight meal packed with protein and vegetables.
Cook rice noodles or long grain white rice according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients for the steak marinade. Add the steak, turning to coat in the marinade. Refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and add to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches desired doneness.
Five minutes per side will get you a nice medium-rare to medium temperature.
Remove steak from heat and rest for 10 minutes. Cut against the grain into long thin strips. Set aside.
In a wok or large skillet, add 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, broccoli, and snap peas to the pan. Stir fry until cooked through, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
To assemble the bowls, fill each bowl with cooked rice or cooked rice noodles. Top with vegetables and sliced steak, dividing it evenly between the bowls. Serve immediately.
- For the most tender steak, slice against the grain of the meat.
- If marinading the steak in a ziplock bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, in order for the marinade to properly coat the steak.
- The longer you can marinate the steak the deeper the flavor, at least 1 hour up to 4 hours. The acid in the marinade will also help tenderize the meat.
- Allowing your steak to rest allows the juices to evenly distribute throughout the steak giving you tender slices.
- This recipe gives you a medium steak. You can also use this guide to help you determine your cooking time for your desired level of doneness.
- Add pineapple for a sweet and tropical twist!
- Try using a low sodium soy sauce to reduce your sodium intake.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.9g | Protein: 49.5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 593mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 4.8g