Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Continue to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until brown and fragrant. Remove from heat.
Whisk in sugar to combine. Add egg and whisk to combine. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in M&Ms.
Add batter to baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cutting.
- Make sure to use a preheated oven.
- Take your butter out of the refrigerator about 20-30 minutes before starting, if it's too cold it will splatter and burn too quickly.
- Ideally use a light-colored pan, that way you can see when the butter has browned.
- Watch your butter as you brown it and stir it. Butter can turn from browned to burnt quickly.
- When working with dry ingredients like flour, I like to sift them together to avoid lumps.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cutting.
Serving: 10g | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9.9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 134mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 10.7g