Roasted Baby Potatoes
These Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes are golden crispy on the outside and fluffy tender on the inside, in other words...delicious
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the potatoes in half and rinse well. Set aside.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Once it starts boiling, add in the potatoes to cook for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and drain. Return the potatoes back to the pot.
Add in the olive oil, herbs and salt. Mix them well together to coat he potatoes and then transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Separate the potatoes to create space between them.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the outer layer of the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oven and garnish with some fresh herbs before serving.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Make sure to cut your potatoes into similar sized halves, so they cook evenly.
- Rinse your potatoes well. Put your potatoes in a pot and run cold water over them, you want the water to turn milky, that's the starch coming off.
- Be sure to par-boil the potatoes for them to obtain a nice crispy texture on the outside.
- Can you whatever herbs they prefer.
- Can add grated parmesan cheese if they like.
- You want to par boil your potatoes to the point just before they fall apart.
- Rough up your par boiled potatoes a bit! Once par boiled, the potatoes should crack a bit, this is good for roasting. If they haven't cracked, give them a bit of a shake in a pot or bowl.
- You can use use peanut, canola or olive oil. You don't need any fancy oil!
- Garnish the herb roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary and thyme for a pop of color.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg