Double chocolate chip muffin
Rich and delicious Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, a chocolate lovers dream! Better than bakery muffins, your kitchen is going to smell amazing!
Preheat the oven at 350 F.
Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
In a large bowl, add in the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix them until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined.
Add in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir them until there are no traces of flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill the lined muffin pans with the batter and sprinkle some additional chocolate chips if you wish.
Bake the muffins at 350 F for another 20-22 minutes. Check the doneness of the muffins by inserting a toothpick to the center of the muffin. They will be done, when the toothpick comes out clean.
Remove them from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Use room temperature ingredients, this gives you a smoother batter and even cook.
- Fill the muffin molds with batter almost all the way to the top.
- You only need to use a spatula or a spoon to mix batter, not a mixer.
- Don't overmix the batter or the muffins with be too dense. A few lumps are fine.
- Be sure to line your muffin mold with paper cups or grease them.
- Try using a soup ladle or small ice cream scoop to transfer your mixture into muffin cups, less mess and even portions
- If the muffin tops start to brown too fast on the outside but are not fully baked yet, you can open the oven and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, let them sit in their pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack. This stops them from breaking apart.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg