Ditch the regular fries and go with these delicious, low carb Jicama Fries! Seasoned with garlic, onion powder and paprika, these easy fries are keto friendly, gluten free and oh so addictive!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and cut the jicama into 1/4 inch fries slices. To save baking time, place in a pot with cold water and bring to boil. Once the water starts boiling, time 5 minutes of boiling time.
Remove from the heat and drain the water in a strainer. Let them cool and then transfer to a 1/2 sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
add the spices on top and drizzle the olive oil. Rub the fries with your fingers to coat well. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, depending on how thick you cut the fries.
Once the fries are brown/ golden in color, tender and form a crispy outer layer, remove from the oven. Let is rest for a couple of minutes then serve with your favorite dish.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Make sure to peel the jicama, the skin isn't edible.
- Be sure to slice the jicama into to roughly even sizes, so they will cook at the same rate.
- It's best to quickly boil the jicama fry slices first, this helps with cooking time.
- After boiling the fries make sure you drain, and even pat dry with a paper towel - if needed - to remove excess water.
- Spread the fry slices out on a single layer when baking, to allow them to cook evenly and crisp up!
- Feel free to have fun with different seasoning! You could go for red pepper flakes for a pop of heat, or herby with some Italian seasoning.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 955mg | Fiber: 30g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 121mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg