Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast will become your new favorite weeknight dinner! So easy to make and literally packed with flavor.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix the spices and salt together.
Place the chicken on a cutting board and slit horizontally in the middle to create a pocket, but do not cut all the way through.
Season the chicken on the outside and the inside.
In another bowl, mix together all the stuffing ingredients.
Stuff the chicken breasts with about 1/4 cup or few tablespoons of the stuffing, but just enough to close it up without having the stuffing over flow on the sides.
Secure the side of the chicken with toothpicks to prevent the some of the stuffing from flowing out.
Heat an oven safe skillet and add in the olive oil. Sear the chicken on each side for a a few minutes to get a nice golden color on the outside. About 2-4 minutes on each side.
Transfer the skillet to bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Remove from the oven and cover with foil wrap for 5 minutes to rest then serve with your favorite side dish. Garnish with some chopped parsley
- If you want to make this recipe even quicker and easier, you can use pre made spinach artichoke dip.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Be sure to squeeze out all of the excess moisture from the spinach.
- Stuff the chicken well but avoid over stuffing them, you don't want to waste all that lovely filling.
- Seal the pockets with toothpicks to the cheese from oozing out too much but don't forget to remove the toothpicks!
- If want the chicken to quicker, you can use a meat mallet to pound the meat thinner.
- Ideally shred your own mozzarella. Pre shredded cheese doesn't melt all that well.
- The chicken is done when internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. You can use a meat thermometer
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1054mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10440IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 413mg | Iron: 4mg