- 8 oz. bowtie pasta raw
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1/4 cup purple onion sliced (1/2 small onion)
- 1 1/2 cup cherry/grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
Cook Pasta al dente.
In a bowl or cup, prepare the dressing. Adjust salt per taste and preference.
Slice the tomatoes, onions and chop the basil.
Place all ingredients in a bowl: cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, basil, onions and tomatoes. Pour in the dressing and mix everything together to coat well.
Serve and enjoy.
- If you can't find mozzarella pearls you can buy any mozzarella cheese.
- Stick with dried pasta instead of fresh. It can be served chilled or at room temperature, and holds up well when tossed with dressing and other ingredients.
- For the best pasta texture, plan to cook the pasta until just past al dente. Adding an extra minute or so of cook time will keep the pasta soft while it cools.
- To make sure your pasta salad is well-seasoned and flavorful, it’s best to start seasoning early. The best time to do this is right out of the gate when you’re cooking the pasta.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.7g | Protein: 11.8g | Fat: 7.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 535.1mg | Sugar: 5.9g