Open the biscuits and lay them flat on a wooden board. Grab a small round cookie cutter and make a hole in the middle of the biscuits. In a bowl mix some sugar and cinnamon together and have those ready.
In a deep frying pan, heat the canola oil to medium heat and fry the donuts until they are golden brown. Also fry the mini left over dough balls from the holes. These are the yummiest!
Remove the donuts and dip in the cinnamon sugar. Coat generously.
Lay on a rack for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Fry the mini left over dough balls from the holes. These are so good!
- Allow to sit for 5 mins on a wire rack before serving.
- Use a deep fry thermometer to test oil temperature so donuts cook properly.
- You can find a reliable candy/deep-fry thermometer for about $10 at most grocery stores and other chain retailers.
- Don’t try to fry all the donut holes at once, otherwise you’ll lower the temperature of the oil and they won’t fry properly.
- The key is to eat these Cinnamon Sugar Donuts warm and fresh. As they sit longer, they become less fluffy and not as soft.
- Make sure you use a big pan/pot, to avoid splatter.
- Keep a close watch on the temperature if adding a new batch of donuts and give the heat a small boost as needed.
- You can adjust the amount of cinnamon, according to your taste.
- Add a dash of cardamom for a spice twist - so good!
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg