This is a simple brunch recipe made with very few ingredients. It’s delicious, filling and healthy at the same time.
- 1 large yellow squash
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Slice the squash into 1/2 inch thick round cuts. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on them.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet, and melt 1 tablespoons of butter and pan sear the squash on both sides for a couple minutes until they are almost cooked through. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan to melt and then crack the eggs without breaking the yolks. If you prefer breaking them or doing an omelet version that’s fine. You can also add some fresh diced bell pepper and onions to this recipe as well if you like to add more flavors into it.
- Place the squash on top and crack some fresh black pepper as well as a sprinkle of salt. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cover to cook to desired preference.
- Remove and serve. Garnish with fresh chives or oregano or even chili flakes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 550.4mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Protein: 11.8g
Keywords: Squash and Eggs Brunch