Sfouf (Lebanese Tumeric Cake) is a delicious Lebanese cake that is made with semolina flour, tumeric and other simple ingredients. It’s super easy to make.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups fine semolina flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 3 tbsps. turmeric powder (curcuma)
- 1.5 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsps. ground aniseed powder (yensoon)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup of water (if dough is too stiff)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Then add in all the wet ingredients and continue mixing until you obtain a nice smooth yellow cake batter. If dough is too thick, you can add 1/4 cup of water.
- Coat the pan with tahini paste and pour in the batter into the baking pan. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then spread the pine nuts on top.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool on room temperature before cutting.
- Serve with tea or coffee and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 26.8g
- Sodium: 74.5mg
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 7.3g