This delicious Lebanese Rice Pudding (Riz Bi Haleeb) is super delicious and made with only 3 main ingredients, Rice, Milk and Sugar. It’s served as dessert and even as breakfast and snack. It is also perfect for Suhoor during Ramadan.
- 1 cup rice (I used jasmine)
- 3 cups water
- 7 cups milk
- 1.5 cup sugar (or more, taste for preference)
- Ground Pistachio (optional for garnishing)
Corn Starch Mix:
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 tbsps. orange blossoms water
- 3 tbsps. water
- Bring the water to boil. Wash and drain the rice and then cook on low for 12 minutes or until the water it thick and almost gone. Do not dry completely. See photo.
- Add in the milk and sugar. Once the pudding starts to boil again, cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid thickens up a bit more. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the corn starch mixture and let the pudding cook for another 4-5 minutes on low heat while stirring.
- Once the pudding is thick enough, you can then transfer into small bowls. Do not wait too long to do that because the pudding will thicken up more after it gets cool. Cool at room temperature.
- Once the pudding is cool, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to store.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 44.2g
- Sodium: 91.1mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8g
- Protein: 6.3g
Keywords: Lebanese Rice Pudding